Mutual exchange

A mutual exchange is a home swap with another social housing tenant.

People move for many reasons – your current home could be too large, or too small, or perhaps you want a change of scene. 

You must be an existing tenant with Homes4D&G partner landlords. You can swap with any council tenant or housing association tenant in the UK as long as they have the right to a mutual exchange and both tenants want to move.  

Both landlords must agree to the swap before you can go ahead. 

Tenants of Homes4D&G partner landlords looking for a home swap can use House Exchange

For a cost, you can swap with other social housing, or local authority, tenants anywhere in the UK on HomeSwapper 

If you’d like more information about mutual exchange, please get in touch.