This is a benefit to help you pay your rent if you have a low income. It is being replaced by Universal Credit. However there are people who can still make a new claim.

You can make a new claim for Housing Benefit if the following applies:

  •  you and your partner have reached state pension age;

  •  you are in supported, sheltered or temporary housing.

If you are already in receipt of Housing Benefit and move within the same local authority area, or have a change of circumstances, you can currently still claim Housing Benefit.

For more information go to

If you need help with this and are currently a tenant of one of the Homes4D&G partner landlords.  

  • Wheatley Homes South – get in touch on 0800 011 3447 
  • Cunninghame Housing Association –  get in touch on 01294 468 360
  • Home Group - get in touch on 0345 141 4663
  • Riverside Scotland - get in touch on 0345 111 0000

If you are not currently a tenant with us, you should contact Citizens Advice or your local council’s Housing Benefit Team.