Bulk uplift

You may want to clear out of some of your furniture or belongings before moving home.

If you can’t dispose of the items yourself, either by donating them to charity or taking them to your council’s recycling centre, you can ask the council to carry out a bulk uplift to remove the items for you.

Dumfries & Galloway Council website also gives you information on where and when you should leave your items for uplift. You can call for a collection on 030 33 33 3000.

Most councils charge for this service and details of the charges are on their website.

If you don’t have access to the internet you should ask about the cost when you phone.