Asylum seekers and refugees

All non-UK nationals are required to provide documentation to show they have a right to live in the UK.

Non-UK nationals looking for permanent rehousing from Homes4D&G social landlords should register for a home in the same way as other customers. 

We have a number of forums, including Polish and West African housing forums, which offer customers advice and support with tenancy issues affecting their ethnic group. Our migrant support advisor can help re-house new refugees.

We work closely with The Scottish Refugee Council and support its Holistic Integration Service.

Support is also available from Positive Action in Housing - an independent, anti-racist, homelessness and human rights charity dedicated to supporting women, children and men from refugee and migrant backgrounds to rebuild their lives.